Decommissioned Apparatus

REO

Vehicle #1

Prior to the official organization of the Goodwins Mills Fire Department, the local men and merchants had acquired this REO Fire Engine in 1934. This truck was bought from the Kennebunk Fire Dept. and ran out of Ray Burbank's garage (475 Goodwins Mills Rd) until 1951 when the fire station was built. This was the first piece of apparatus utilized by the Fire Dept.

Tank 1

Vehicle #2

Fire Chief Raymond Burbank took delivery of a 1941 Chevrolet tank truck. This truck had 600 gallons of water and a 200 gpm pump. It was decommissioned in November of 1980 by Chief Coyle Meserve and sold by the Fire Department to Honorary Lt. Ernest Austin.

Tank 2

Vehicle #3

In 1953 Chief Raymond Burbank took delivery of this 1953 Chevy 2-Ton, 600 gallon tank truck. This was the first new apparatus ever bought. The cost of this truck was $4,811. This truck served the community for 38 years and was known as "The 53" carrying a radio designation of "803". This truck was decommissioned in 1991 by Chief Bruce Mullen and placed into antique status. This truck is now owned/maintained by the Goodwins Mills Firefighter Relief Association, and on display at the Fire Station.

Army Ambulance

Vehicle #4

In the 1950's Chief Raymond Burbank put into service this Chrysler Military Ambulance. This was a military surplus vehicle that was used to haul a portable pump and hose. It was decommissioned in Nov. 1979 by Chief Coyle Meserve and sold for $750.

Tank 3

Vehicle #5

In the late 1950's a 1955 Dodge, 1500 gallon tanker was commissioned. It was decommissioned in 1976 by Chief Donald Lord and was sold off.

Engine 1

Vehicle #6

In 1961 Chief Milton Monroe took delivery of this new 1961 Maynard, 500 gpm pumper. This was the first class A pumper purchased. This was commissioned in 1961, and carried 600 gallons of water. This truck served the communities for 34 years and was known as "The 61". This was the first truck with large diameter hose (3") and a mounted deck gun. It was decommissioned in 1994 by Chief Bruce Mullen and was sold.

White Tractor Trailer

Vehicle #7

In the 1960's a white tractor trailer, 4300 gallon tanker was put into service. This was the 1st of two tractor trailers to be used by the department. It was decommissioned in December of 1978 by Chief Donald Lord and sold by the department for $653.80.

International Tractor Trailer

Vehicle #8

In the 1970's an International tractor trailer was obtained and carried 6000 gallons of water. The truck made its last run on February 1st, 1980 to a structure fire in Arundel. It was decommissioned by Chief Coyle Meserve in December of 1980 and sold for $951.50.

Engine 2

Vehicle #9

In January of 1976, Chief Donald Lord took delivery of this new 1974 Maxim, 750 gpm pumper. This was the 2nd Class A pumper purchased by the department. It was commissioned in January 1976 and carried the radio # 811 until August of 1995 when the 800 series retired. Equipped with 750 gallons of water this was the 1st apparatus owned to be equipped with preconnect cross-lays. The cost of this truck was $25,201. In 1982 a six bottle cascade system was added, with funds from the Ladies Auxiliary. This truck served the communities for 26 years, responding to exactly 800 runs. This truck was decommissioned in March of 2002 by Chief Bruce Mullen and was sold for $1,200.

Tank 3

Vehicle #10

In 1976, Fire Chief Donald F. Lord took delivery of this 1956 Army 6X6, 1500 Gallon Tanker. It was commissioned in December of 1976 and carried the radio # 833. Due to space restrictions in the Fire Station, this truck routinely spent winters inside the station and summers parked in the back parking lot of the station. This truck served the community for a total of 11 years, responded to 113 fires and was known as “THE DUCE”. This truck responded to its last alarm on November 22nd, 1987 to the Dayton Dump for a Dump Fire. It was decommissioned in November of 1987 by Fire Chief Bruce E. Mullen and was sold by the Department.

Ladder 1

Vehicle #11

In September of 1979, Fire Chief Coyle R. Meserve took delivery of this 1944 65’ Pirsch Ladder Truck. This piece was the 1st Ladder Truck to be purchased by the Department. It was commissioned in November of 1979 and carried the radio # 804. This truck made it first run on November 16th, 1979 to the Kennebunk Pond Road for a Cellar Fire. The cost of this truck was $756, and previously served the City of West Newburyport, Mass. This truck served our community for 9 years and served a total of 44 years to both communities. This truck was decommissioned in September of 1988, by Fire Chief Bruce E. Mullen and was sold by the Department for $2250.

Rescue 1

Vehicle #12

In October of 1979, Fire Chief Coyle R. Meserve took delivery of this 1970 International Type I, Ambulance. This piece was the 1st Ambulance to be purchased by the Department and was previously run by the Waterboro Fire Dept. It carried the radio # 806 and the cost of this truck was $2,500. This truck was decommissioned in February of 1982.

Mini 1 / Squad 1

Vehicle #13

In July of 1981, Fire Chief Coyle R. Meserve took delivery of this new GMC 300 GPM Mini Pumper. This piece was commissioned in July of 1981 and carried the radio # 821 until it was refurbished in May of 1992 and the truck was re-designated as Squad 1 (825) at which time its primary function was changed from a Mini Pumper (fast response vehicle) to a Forestry Truck. This truck made it first run on July 30th, 1981 to the Dayton Dump for a Dump Fire. Originally Equipped with a 300 GPM Pump and a 300 Gallon Tank, it was refurbed with a 500 GPM Pump and a 200 gallon tank. This truck served the community for a total of 21 years and responded to 1936 runs in it career. This truck was decommissioned on December 10th, 2002 by Acting Fire Chief Normand J. Bilodeau and was sold by the Department for $3100.

Mini 1 ['81-'92] / Squad 1 ['92-'02]

Rescue 2

Vehicle #14

In February of 1982, Fire Chief Donald F. Lord took delivery of this 1978 Chevrolet Type II, Ambulance. This piece was the 2nd Ambulance to be purchased by the Department. It carried the radio # 806 and the cost of this truck was $3800. This truck was decommissioned in 1986.

Rescue 1

Vehicle #15

In 1986, Fire Chief Bruce E. Mullen took delivery of this 1983 Ford Type III, Ambulance. This piece was the 3rd Ambulance to be purchased by the Department and was previously run by the Biddeford Fire Dept. It carried the radio # 806. This truck was decommissioned in 1991.

Engine 3

Vehicle #16

In November of 1987, Fire Chief Bruce E. Mullen took delivery of this new Emergency One, 1250 GPM Pumper. This truck replaced Tank 3, the 1956 Army 6x6 1500 gallon tanker. this piece was the 3rd Class A pumper to be purchased by the department. It was commissioned in December of 1987 and carried the radio #831 until August of 1995 when the 800 series was retired. This truck made it's first run on December 30th to the Dayton Transfer Station for a dumpster fire. Equipped with 1000 gallon tank, this was the 1st diesel apparatus purchased by the department and was also the first equipped with air brakes, 5" hose, and a crew cab. The cost of this truck was $130,038. This truck was sold on August 21, 2014 for $1,987.00.

Ladder 2

Vehicle #17

In July of 1988, Fire Chief Bruce E. Mullen took delivery of this 1957 85’ Maxim Ladder Truck. This piece was the 2nd Ladder Truck to be purchased by the Department and replaced the 1944 Pirsch 65’ Aerial Truck. It was commissioned in November of 1988 and carried the radio # 804 until August of 1995 when the 800 series was retired. This truck made it first run on December 1st, 1988 to the Hill Road for a Chimney Fire. The cost of this truck was $7500, and previously served the City of Lewiston and the City of Rockland. This truck served our community for 12 years and served a total of 33 years to the 3 communities. This truck responded to 308 runs in its Goodwins Mills career. This truck responded to its last alarm on May 11th, 2000 for a Chimney Fire on Sunset Trail. This truck was decommissioned in November of 2000, by Fire Chief Bruce E. Mullen and was sold by the Department for $3,450.

Rescue 5

Vehicle #18

In December 1990, Rescue Captain Robert Bilodeau took delivery of this 1991 Ford Type III, Ambulance. This piece was the 1st new Ambulance to be purchased by the Department. It carried the radio # 806 until August 1995 when the 800 series was retired. This truck was decommissioned in August of 1999.

Engine 81

Vehicle #19

Make: 1994 Central States Pumper

Pump: 1250 gpm | Tank: 1000 gal water

Function: Wildland & Water Supply

Decommissioned: April 26, 2022

Rescue 86

Vehicle #20

In August of 1999, EMS Director Karen M. Gagnon took delivery of this new PL Custom, Type III Ambulance. This piece was the 5th Ambulance to be purchased by the Department and replaced the 1991 Ford Ambulance. It was commissioned on August 27th and made it first run on August 28th to Scott’s Cove Campground for a Medical Emergency as Rescue 5. The cost of this truck was $103,894. This truck became the back up ambulance on July 20th, 2007 at which time it was re designated Rescue 6. In November of 2014 it was renumbered to Rescue 86

Ladder 2

Vehicle #21

In February of 2001, Fire Chief Bruce E. Mullen took delivery of this 1975 100’ American LaFrance Ladder Truck. This was the 3rd Ladder Truck to be purchased by the Department and replaced the 1957 Mack 85’ Aerial Truck. It was commissioned in February of 2001 and made it first run on February 10th, 2001 to 43 Grasshopper Lane for Smoke in the Building. The cost of this truck was $5000, and previously served the Old Orchard Beach Fire Department. It was decommissioned on November 2nd , 2008 by Fire Chief H. Rodney Carpenter. The vehicle was donated by the Department to the Old Orchard Beach 1907 Fire Historical Society.

Forestry 87

Vehicle #23

Make: 2002 GMC 1-Ton

Pump: 750 gpm | Tank: 200 gal water

Vehicle was involved in a crash while responding to a medical emergency in Spring of 2019. After the accident the vehicle was determined to be totaled and decommissioned.

Ambulance 85

Vehicle #24

Make: 2006 Ford E-Series PL Custom

Function: EMS Response

Service 1

Vehicle #25

In August of 2008, Fire Chief H. Rodney Carpenter took delivery of the 2008 Chevrolet 2500 4x4 pick up truck. This was the first service vehicle purchased by the Department and was in service until 2010 when it was totaled in a vehicle accident. This vehicle was replaced by vehicle # 27.